TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
There is nothing new about Meera Jasmine and her penchant for getting into one controversy after the other. But the actress has learnt a new way of handling all the gossips and rumors that surface about her. Her supporters have figured out the reason why she gets so frequently targeted by gossip mongers. They say that she refuses point blank when filmmakers approach her with roles that are extremely superficial.
"She is not interested in doing roles in which the heroines simply appear in four song sequences and then disappear. Maybe that's the reason why she also ends up figuring so often in the gossip columns," they believe. In her own words, "I have one thing to say about folks who spread rumors about me. They are jobless people. If it was just one or two things they were gossiping about, I wouldn't mind answering them or clarifying them to the media. But, there are so many things that people are gossiping! I would be wasting my time if I try to answer all these gossips. I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work.
Her reason for getting into trouble so much: "In real life, you get to live only one life with one role. But in cinema, you live a different life in each film. That's the reason why I prefer to work in films that have something unique to offer. I don't like to repeat myself in the same type of roles.
"Cinema gives me the satisfaction of living different lives. For a job well done, the government honors you with awards too. Why would I ever stop working then?"