TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Weather Forecast For Dec 19: Cyclone Phethai Weakens; Winter Chills To Continue In Delhi
- IPL Auction 2019: Live Updates
- More Items To Be Included In Sub-18% Tax Slab — Narendra Modi
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Vikendi Snow Map Yet To Arrive On PUBG Mobile India Even After 1.6GB Update
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Smelling His Own Socks Gave This Man Lung Infection
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, July 09, 2007
Thursday (July 5) was a big day for Malayalam Cinema. All the industry's three biggest heroes had a release on the day. Mohanlal had Hello - a film by Rafi-Macardin, Dileep - July 4 and Jagathy Sreekumar's Arabikatha. Veteran director Lal Jose has directed Arabikatha. Two of the films have been screened in Chennai simultaneously in six screens. Mohanlal's Hello has been released in 50 theatres - but in Chennai it is running only in two theatres.
Actor Dileep wanted to release July - 4 on July 4th itself - it being his lucky day. But due to problems occurring against a July 4 release of the film, the film was released on the next day. Like Mohanlal's Hello, it is also running in two theatres in Chennai. Details of its opening are not available.
Arabikatha, director Lal Jose's film with Jayasurya, comedian Jagathy Sreekumar and others, was competition to these two. The release of these three biggies brought down Shivaji's ratings in the state. However Shivaji's producer has decided to release the film in smaller towns too. The theatres showing to movie has reduced to a mere 50, a small number for a film as big as Shivaji.