TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Mohanlal, one of the superstars in the Malayalam film industry has received a record payment of Rs.1.25 crores for the first time in the history of Malluwood.
The actor has signed to act in a film titled College Kumaran directed by Tulsidass. Eric and Emil are the producers of the film. There are 6 heroines including Vimala Raman who are going to play against the actor in the movie. Since the director needs bulk dates of the actor, he decided to offer a hefty amount as salary.
Normally Mohanlal gets around Rs.60-80 lakhs per film as his fee. Now Tulsidass's offer has made him as the highest paid actor in Malayalam filmdom.
On the other hand, this has become the cause for a big dispute in the industry. Some of the producers have objected to such a 'huge'(!) amount being given to the actor. They complained to the Malayalam film producers' council that it would pave the way for other actors like Mammootty and Dileep making similar demands for acting in their films.
|Also read... |
Mohanlal with six beauties
Cine-goers like drunken Mohanlal
Navya Nair has her hands full
|Articles by the same author |
Rajini visits Kamal on Dasavatharam sets
Shivaji spurring north Indian distributors
Sandhiya's film with Karthi off?