TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
It seems to be the season of making films with stolen stories! In Kollywood, there are four similar cases pending in the court including the one on Rajinikanth's Shivaji. Now it is the turn for Malluwood. The Mammootty starrer film Ore Kadal is also caught in the same problem. Rukhmani, wife of late writer Kumaran has raised a complaint that the story of the film was written by her husband. She claimed that the director and producer have made the film without prior approval from her.
Yesterday, she said, "My husband Kumaran was a known writer in Malayalam. Few months ago he translated the Bengali novel 'Heerag Deepthi' written by Sunil Gangobathyai into Malayalam and titled it as Ore Kadal. He made some changes in the Malayalam version, which were not in the original content.
Now, director Shyam Prasad is directing the film in the same title and story with Mammootty. He didn't event get our permission to use my husband's story. In fact, the copyright for the novel is still in my husband's name. Now he is not alive. So, naturally I'm the owner for the copyright. Now, I'm planning to move the court to seek the ban on the film's shooting.