TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
Malayalam film industry takes time to accept heroines from other languages. But in Padhmapriya's case, everything was perfectly timed.
Just when she made her debut, almost all the heroines of Malayalam were busy emigrating to Tamil films. Her first film turned out to be a stunning hit at the box office. She was also lucky enough to get all the right offers at the right times. The best thing about these roles was- each was very different from the other.
In her recent hit Karuthapakshikal, for which she won the Asianet-Ujala award for best actress, Padhmapriya had smeared dark makeup all over her to darken the complexion. She played the role of a young woman who grew up on the streets. In the next film, she was a woman's rights activist and mother of kids.
Now, Padhmapriya is getting ready to explore her cosmopolitan-girl side in her new film Aanandam. For the film, she had lost lot of weight. The film has a very lively rain-dance featuring her.
Padhmapriya is very pleased with the role because she finally gets to play a character that is closer to her age and bringing up!