- 6 Instances When A Malayalam Actress Went On To Win The National Film Award For The Best Actress!
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mohanlal & Shobhana If Pavithram Is Remade Now?
- Ticket From Mollywood to Bollywood!
- When Malayalam Actresses Donned The Police Uniform!
- Prithviraj, Shobhana, Biju Menon And Anoop Menon In 'Pavada'
- Thira is a trilogy: Vineeth Sreenivasan
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
In 'Mitr', Shobhana played a bored housewife, who sought solace in her unseen confidant, her internet pal. That person turns out to be none other than her husband, who ignores her at home. Shobhana went on to win her second National Award for this role in the movie directed by Revathy. Now, co-incidentally, the 42-year-old actor is going to marry her real-life internet pal, Rahul Mehra, an agriculturist from Jharkhand.
A source close to the couple confirms this, saying, "They started chatting with each other online, and then planned to meet each other. Their friendship grew into love, and now they are all set to marry each other."
Shobhana was last seen in 'Apna Aasmaan'. Her next project is Hollywood filmmaker, Zakhary Coffin's 'Bhopal Gas Tragedy', in which her co-star is Irrfan Khan. Her first National Award was for her role in 'Manichitharathazu', which has now been remade in Hindi, and is titled 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa', and in which Vidya Balan plays the same role.