TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
In 'Mitr', Shobhana played a bored housewife, who sought solace in her unseen confidant, her internet pal. That person turns out to be none other than her husband, who ignores her at home. Shobhana went on to win her second National Award for this role in the movie directed by Revathy. Now, co-incidentally, the 42-year-old actor is going to marry her real-life internet pal, Rahul Mehra, an agriculturist from Jharkhand.
A source close to the couple confirms this, saying, "They started chatting with each other online, and then planned to meet each other. Their friendship grew into love, and now they are all set to marry each other."
Shobhana was last seen in 'Apna Aasmaan'. Her next project is Hollywood filmmaker, Zakhary Coffin's 'Bhopal Gas Tragedy', in which her co-star is Irrfan Khan. Her first National Award was for her role in 'Manichitharathazu', which has now been remade in Hindi, and is titled 'Bhool Bhulaiyaa', and in which Vidya Balan plays the same role.