TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Netfilx And Amazon Prime Might Face Ban In India
- 5 Secret Destinations In Sikkim You Might Have Never Heard Of
- How Can You Live A Long And Healthy Life With Diabetes?
- Pooja Mishra Makes SHOCKING Allegations; Accuses Salman Khan & His Brothers Of Raping Her! #MeToo
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- Kapil Dev Debuts 40 Years Ago This Day: Five Top Moments From His Career
- 5 Ways To Thank Your Boss On The World Boss Day
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tamil box office prince Ilayathalapathy Vijay, glamour queen of south India Nayanthara, Malayalam Megastars Mammootty and Mohanlal shared the same stage on Sunday and received the prestigious Mathrubhumi film awards!
Mathrubhumi, a leading Malayalam daily and one of the best known newspapers in the country, has started an award for Tamil films from this year. More than 30,000 people gathered at the open air Marine Drive in Kochi, to see the stars like Vijay, get the best actor and Nayanthara the best actress awards for Pokkiri and E respectively.
The crowd was gone mad while seen Vijay, one of the most popular Tamil actors and the familiar among non Malayalee actors in Kerala, as he lighted the traditional 'Kuthuvilakku' in the presence of Mathrubhumi editor PV Chandran and Managing Director and Janatha Dal leader Veerendra Kumar. Some of the invitees told that they have never seen such kind of a crowd even for political meetings held at Marine Drive!
Kerala's mass hero Mohan Lal presented the award to Vijay, while the greatest actor in Malayalam Mammootty presented the award to Nayanthara. Major Ravi with Prabhudeva received the award for the best director for Pokkiri.