TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Actress Vimala Raman has received the greatest publicity ever for herself recently when director/actor SJ Suryah announced that she is his current favorite actress. Vimala Raman was an Australia-based NRI. She came to Chennai because she wanted to pursue a career in acting. She started by hosting a show on TV. That was when acclaimed director K Balachander picked her up for his film Poi. Nobody thought that the film would take such a long time to complete and would be such a box office disaster.
For some mysterious reasons, almost all the leading young heroes in Tamil refused to work with her. Maybe this was just a rumor, but, as a result she was left without a job for a very long time. That was when Malayalam film industry came to her rescue. She now has a handful of films in Malayalam including Time with Suresh Gopi. Now, Kollywood is going to become curious about her again, thanks to SJ Suryah's statements.
He said, "Vimala Raman is my favorite actress. There is something about her beautiful eyes and the way she acts. I had actually wanted her to be the heroine of Thirumagan but she wasn't ready for some of the scenes in the film. That was why we didn't cast her in the role. I intend to act with her in atleast one film. This time around, I'm going to see to it that the role is of her liking. I'll accept whatever demands she makes. Pretty soon, I'm going to produce my own film again. Most probably she'll be the heroine of this one," he ended.
Wow! What did she do???