TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
While the majority of the movies in the competition received something or other, Adoor's Naalu Pennungal got no major awards.
Adayalangal, directed by MG Sasi emerging as the best film, was the big surprise. It also bagged Sasi the best director award and the best cinematography award for M J Radhakrishnan.
The awards for acting were all predictable with Mohanlal bagging the best actor's award for his performance in Paradesi, Meera Jasmine added one more award with her sensitive performance in Ore Kadal.
Lakshmi Gopalaswamy was named the second best actress for her performance in Thaniye while veteran actor Bharath Murali was named the second best actor for Pranayakalam and Vinodhayathra. Jagathy was given a special award for his great presentations in Arabikatha, Veeralipattu and Paradesi.
T G Ravi got a special mention.
All together this year's awards are sure to have pleased almost everyone, with almost no questions about its integrity.