TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court Verdict On Rafale Deal Tomorrow
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- Hockey World Cup 2018 Quarter-Finals: India vs Netherlands — Updates
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
When directors attempt to make a film based on political issues, they often end up facing unwanted controversies. Jayaraj's latest outing Of the People highlights several social and political issues of the state. The writer of the film, debutante Sreekumar Shreyas, had been receiving threatening calls even before the film was released.
The director, who has also produced the film under his banner of New Generation Cinema, has said that he is ready to face any consequences resulting from the release of the film which hit theatres last Friday in around 26 centres.
Jayaraj has introduced several new artists, both on the screen and behind the screen, in Of the People. Newcomer Devipriya is the female lead. Cinematography is handled by debutante Tanu Balak and newcomer Vinu Thomas scored the music for songs penned by Joy Thalam and the director himself.
Of the People is the third instalment of Jayaraj's super hit film, 4 the People.