TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
When directors attempt to make a film based on political issues, they often end up facing unwanted controversies. Jayaraj's latest outing Of the People highlights several social and political issues of the state. The writer of the film, debutante Sreekumar Shreyas, had been receiving threatening calls even before the film was released.
The director, who has also produced the film under his banner of New Generation Cinema, has said that he is ready to face any consequences resulting from the release of the film which hit theatres last Friday in around 26 centres.
Jayaraj has introduced several new artists, both on the screen and behind the screen, in Of the People. Newcomer Devipriya is the female lead. Cinematography is handled by debutante Tanu Balak and newcomer Vinu Thomas scored the music for songs penned by Joy Thalam and the director himself.
Of the People is the third instalment of Jayaraj's super hit film, 4 the People.