TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Saiju Kurup debuted in Hariharan's Mayookham. Jubilee, his latest film by debut director Gee George, meant to be a family film, bombed. Even Sketch by director Prasad Yadav with an underworld theme, met with the same fate.
But bigger productions like Baba Kalyani, Hello and Sound of Boot brought Shajju some attention.
Actors like Arun and Manikuttan are still in the wings, waiting. Arun debuted as a school student in Fazil's Life is Beautiful. This Mohanlal starrer had Samyukta Varma as the glam factor and introduced Geetu Mohandas, formerly a child artist. After this, Arun disappeared for a few years before coming back in Jayaraj's For the People.
In For the People, he played the leader of four students involved in correcting the wrongs in the society. Trade pundits said the film became a hit because of Jassie Gift"s music.
Films like Amrutham gave Arun more chances to make an impression, where he replaced Prithviraj in the last minute. The Sibi Malayil film had him in the younger brother"s role with Jayaram, embroiled in violent student politics.
Amrutham's chances may have been spoiled by Vesham, a bigger film with a similar theme starring Mammootty and Indrajith, which was released at the same time.
Arun attempted gangster flicks like Quotation and November Rain, but without success. Anamika, a woman-oriented film where he plays Samvritha's husband, is his next release.
Shaiju and Arun were united in Anthiponvettam, but that too was a dud.
Manikuttan, a television star starred in Vinayan's Boyy Friennd but that led only to bit roles in many films. Nothing concrete came his way.
Young Malayali actors like Prithviraj and Narain have moved to Tamil cinema. The other youngsters may soon follow suit.