TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
The awards, instituted by Atlas Film Critics Association, will be distributed next month. Lakshmi Gopalswamy has been judged the best actress award for her performance in her films, Paradesi and Thaniye. Producer Vindhyan's Ore Kadal and Thaniye produced by K.C. Chacko will share the best film award. Producers of the best film award would receive a cash prize of Rs. 50000 each.
Director Shyam Prasad has won the best director's award, while veteran director Adoor Gopalakrishnan has been chosen for the Chalachitram Ratna award for his contributions to the film industry. Sreenivasan has won two awards, the best writer award for Katha Parayumbol and the special award for acting for his performance in Arabhikatha and Katha Parayumbol.
Meanwhile, Arabhikatha and Vinodayatra have been named the most popular films. Filmmaker Lohithada's Naivedyam bagged the second best film award. The movie also bagged the best debut actor award for Bhama, best music director award for Jayachandran and best playback singer awards for Vijay Yesudas and Sweta Mohan. M. Mohanan and Sreelal Devaraj won the best debut director's award for Katha Parayumbol and Subhadram respectively.