TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
Mohanlal played Bheema while Mukesh played Keechaka in the play 'Chaayamukhi', a retelling of the Keechaka Vartha from the epic Mahabarata. The story takes place at the time when Bheema was masquerading as a cook Vallalan when the Pandavas were in exile.
The play shows Bheema receiving a magic mirror from Hidumbi that shows the true love of a person who looks through it. After killing Keechaka, Bheema places the mirror over Keechaka's face. The mirror shows Draupadi's face which comes as a shock to Bheema who realises the deep love that Keechaka had for her. The play ends with Bheema feeling remorse for killing Keechaka.
The theme, 'It is easy to love someone but to be loved requires luck' is brought out in full measure through the play. Thirty-two artistes, including prominent stars like Nivedyam fame Aparna, Harisanth and Mukundam, took part in the play.