TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
This year's award is being given to leading actor, scriptwriter and director Sreenivasan for his comprehensive contribution to the various aspects of film-making, said Mr. Kamal. The award will be presented on May 22, the death anniversary of Bahadur at Municipal Town Hall, Kodungallur. The award comprises Rs.50,000 and a citation.
Nedumudi Venu, Thilakan, Jagathy Sreekumar, Paravur Bharathan, Jose Prakash and Madhu have been given the honour in recent years.
Bahadur, who was born as P.K. Kunjalu in 1930 in Thrissur, made his debut with a minor role in Avakasi in 1954. Bahadur got his first break with Padatha Painkili which became a huge hit in Malayalam. He became famous as a comedian, and along with Adoor Bhasi, redefined comedy in Malayalam cinema. Bahadur was the hero in Neelisali and Mucheettu kalikkarante Makal. He was last seen in Lohithadas's Joker in 2000.