TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Motorola One Power Review — A Decent Mid-Tier Smartphone
- Kerala's Beachside Of Vatakara Is Simply Mesmerising
- Are You A Foodie? — If Yes, Check Out The Oldest Food Items Eaten Around The World
- Lata Mangeshkar On #MeToo —
- 2019 Kawasaki Z650 Launched In India; Priced At Rs 5.29 Lakh
- West Indies Coach Stuart Law Suspended For Two ODIs Against India
- BNP Recruitment 2018 For 86 Vacancies
Finally, Jayaram can stretch his back and relax. Gopika, who is considered as the lucky heroine for many stars including Mammooty, has worked her charms again and Veruthe Oru Bharya, is breaking records even in its third week of release. The handsome actor, who has a huge fan following among family audiences, did not have a hit for a long time. The much-awaited success which eluded him for a while has come in the form of Veruthe Oru Bharya, which is essentially a family film, Jayaram's specialty.
The low-budget film is garnering good collections all across Kerala, the film"s producer Salahudeen informed during a press conference in Kozhikode. "I had my reservations when director Akku Akbar asked for Jayaram in the lead role. As the actor was going through a rough patch, I never expected such a surprise hit from him. But I had all belief in Akku, who insisted that he will do the flick only with Jayaram," he said.
"This is my first independent film in Malayalam and truly, I never expected such applause for the film," director Akku Akbar, who was present in the press meet, said. He also praised Gopika for accepting the role. He said all other heroines he approached were not willing to do the role of the mother of a 14 year old girl, but Gopika instantly agreed to do it.