TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Paradesi has been hailed as one of the finest movies made in Malayalam, due to its story and also rendering. Therefore it was not a surprise when Mohanlal's name was considered for the best actor award for this movie at the 55th National Film Awards for 2007. His rendering of Valiyakathu Moosa in Paradesi moved from the young age to old age. However as luck would have Prakash Raj has walked away with the award for his performance in the Priyadarshan directed Tamil movie Kanchivaram.
As per news source, it has been claimed by one of the close associates of the Jury members, “Till the last round Mohanlal was the front runner to get the awards. In the final round, he and Prakash Raj got equal number of votes from the jury members. Finally it was the jury chairman"s casting vote which made Prakash the winner."
However Pattanam Rasheed has won the award for the best make up artiste for the very same movie Paradesi.