TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
Paradesi has been hailed as one of the finest movies made in Malayalam, due to its story and also rendering. Therefore it was not a surprise when Mohanlal's name was considered for the best actor award for this movie at the 55th National Film Awards for 2007. His rendering of Valiyakathu Moosa in Paradesi moved from the young age to old age. However as luck would have Prakash Raj has walked away with the award for his performance in the Priyadarshan directed Tamil movie Kanchivaram.
As per news source, it has been claimed by one of the close associates of the Jury members, “Till the last round Mohanlal was the front runner to get the awards. In the final round, he and Prakash Raj got equal number of votes from the jury members. Finally it was the jury chairman"s casting vote which made Prakash the winner."
However Pattanam Rasheed has won the award for the best make up artiste for the very same movie Paradesi.