TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Vertu Aster P With Real Leather Announced; Price Starts From Rs. 3 Lakh
- Ever Heard Of Glamping? Visit These 7 Places In India For Luxury Camping!
- Essential Oil Remedies To Treat Lice
- Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: 5 Interesting Things You Don't Know About This Sultry Actress!
- 2018 Yamaha R15 V3 Review — Unmistakable Racing Pedigree Made Evident
- Praveen Kumar Retires From All Forms Of Cricket
- Postal Life Insurance; All You Need To Know
In a somewhat shocking statement, actress Oviya said that the Malayalam movies are quite uninteresting and boring; only senior heroines are given their due respect.
Oviya gained recognition as an actress in the film Kalavani which has done well in the box office. This was also her debut Tamil movie. She says that she initially thought that she would be asked to play the role of a city girl; however, she was given the role of a village girl. She was a bit shaky with the role and to wear a half sari.
She adds that thanks to the director, she could enact the role so well. The director apparently taught her how to walk, talk, and laugh like a village damsel. The story also did astonish her and she was really encouraged later on. She says that Tamil movies are better than their Malayalam counterparts. In the latter, mostly the newcomers are shunned while the senior heroines are glorified further. Tamil films warmly welcome a variety of newcomers and fresh scripts.