TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2018 Election Results Update: Kamal Nath To Be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- IPL Auction 2019: 5 Indians Who Will Not Get Big Bids
- Vivo Carnival On Amazon India: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- New Renault Cars For 2019 — New Renault MPV, Duster & Kwid Facelift Set To Launch Soon
- How Has NPS Withdrawal Become 100% Tax Free?
- The Bachchans Arrive To Bless Isha & Anand On Their Wedding!
- 17 Benefits Of Arrowroot: For Health, Hair & Skin
- Kashmir — The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
In a somewhat shocking statement, actress Oviya said that the Malayalam movies are quite uninteresting and boring; only senior heroines are given their due respect.
Oviya gained recognition as an actress in the film Kalavani which has done well in the box office. This was also her debut Tamil movie. She says that she initially thought that she would be asked to play the role of a city girl; however, she was given the role of a village girl. She was a bit shaky with the role and to wear a half sari.
She adds that thanks to the director, she could enact the role so well. The director apparently taught her how to walk, talk, and laugh like a village damsel. The story also did astonish her and she was really encouraged later on. She says that Tamil movies are better than their Malayalam counterparts. In the latter, mostly the newcomers are shunned while the senior heroines are glorified further. Tamil films warmly welcome a variety of newcomers and fresh scripts.