TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Director, actor and screen playwright Balachandra Menon's book 'Ariyathathu, Ariyendathu' was released by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, who handed it over to ONV Kurup in a function on Wednesday in Thiruvananthapuram. The book contains a collection of Menon's works that narrate his life experience.
After releasing the memoir, CM Oommen Chandy said, “Menon's book presents his life long experience and the characters included in this book are people whom we see in our day today life." ONV Kurup in his speech said, "Bala Chandra Menon's creativity was known to him from his college days itself."
Balachandra Menon reacted in an emotional tone. The director said, “I was in an exile, a self imposed seclusion, for the past one and a half years as I was residing with my son at Hyderabad, when the doctor advised me rest after contracting jaundice. My condition was very critical during that time and with God's grace I was able to recover. By the time many rumours spread and that experiences are narrated in my book."
However, Balachandra Menon had organised a grand function for release of his tell-all-book 'Ariyathathu, Ariyendathu'. Minister Ganesh Kumar, Kaviyur Ponnamma, former minister M VijayaKumar and Prof. George Onakoor attended the event in Thiruvananthapuram.