TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Actress Shamna Kasim or Poorna as she is popularly known, has been chosen to do the female lead role in the remake of Julie or Chattakkari that was released in 1974. The film was directed by Sethumadhavan.
Many other actresses were approached before Poorna was finalised for the role in Julie. The film requires the heroine to do many steamy and seductive scenes.
Lakshmi played the lead role in Julie in Sethumadhavan's film. Hemant (Living together fame) will play the role of Mohan, the male lead in the film. Sethu Madhavan's son Santhosh Sethumadhavan will direct the remake under the banner of Revathi Kala Mandhir.
G Suresh Kumar will produce the film. Poorna will, for the first time, do a lead role in Malayalam cinema though she has acted in other South Indian films, especially Tamil movies.
Vinu Abraham has penned the screenplay for the remake. Innocent, Kalasala Babu and Renuka will perform the role of Adoor bhasi, Sankaradi and Meena, respectively. The shooting for the film Julie will begin in Ootty on March 10.