TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
The Kerala Fim Exhibitors' Federation recently said that they will boycott the movie if Blessy includes the delivery scene. The debate began when Kerala Speaker G Karthikeyan criticised Shwetha for allowing her delivery to be captured live on camera. Director Blessy was condemned for shooting the delivery for commercial purpose.
The speaker said that a few years ago, a movie titled The Birth was screened at theatres across Kerala. However, the film was tagged as a medical movie, and so did not face any problem. Since Blessy is promoting the film as a commercial movie, it might have to face the heat since the federation feel that it might have a negative impact on the family audience.
However, Blessy is not alone since the the Film Employees' Federation of Kerala (FEFKA) is all support for the director. Speaking to the media, B Unnikrishnan, general secretary, FEFKA said, "The controversy is baseless. This is not the first time that a delivery is being canned. Moreover, we don't know how he has visualised it."
B Unnikrishnan also said that there is a censor board which looks into such matters and besides, certain specific norms are to be followed while portraying women in movies. He added that if the board feels that a particular scene is not worth being showcased in public, he will censor it. He signed off saying, "Blessy is a director with a good track record. Let's just wait for the final output."
Shweta Menon starrer Kalimannu revolves around the bond shared by a mother and child, right from pregnancy. When asked to speak about the controversy, Shweta Menon refused to say anything saying, "No comments."