- Actress Saritha To Make A Comeback!
- Mukesh Spoiled My Life, Career, Says Saritha
- Saritha Apologises To Media
- Pic: Mukesh With His Wife Methil Devika!
- It Was Not A Love Marriage, Says Methil Devika
- Mukesh Responds To Ex-Wife Saritha's Claims!
- Mukesh And Methil Devika’s Marriage Is Illegal, Says Saritha!
- Mammootty's CBI 5: Here Is A Good News!
- Another Star Kid All Set For A Debut In Mollywood!
- FINALLY! Pranav Mohanlal's Debut Project Gets A Title
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Jayaram, Mukesh & Sreenivasan If Friends Is Remade Now!
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mukesh, Siddique & Others If In Harihar Nagar Is Remade Now?
- Who All Can Replace Jayaram,Mukesh & Others If Marupuram Is Remade Now?
Mukesh and Methil Devika got married last Friday, at a register Office at Tripunithara. The actor, who earlier married actress Saritha, is said to have received his divorce officially in 2009. But, now Saritha has come forward claiming that the marriage is illegal and so, the second marriage stands illegal. Let's know more about the Methil Devika.
Methil Devika is a passionate dancer. She has submitted PhD thesis to Bharathidasan University, Tamil Nadu, 2013. She worked as lecturer in the Department of Post-graduate Studies (Mohiniyattam/Kathakali/Koodiyattam) and at the Research Department, Kerala Kalamandalam Deemed University, Kerala.
Methil Devika also worked as Course Counsellor at the Department of International Students, Kerala Kalamandalam Deemed University. She is active in Arts-in-Education and Arts-for-Specific Groups programs providing therapy through Arts for people with mental illnesses.
Methil Devika considers actress Shobana's comment on her in an interview as the biggest compliment she has ever received. In an interview Shobana said, "Methil Devika is a brilliant performer. She excels in Mohiniattam and has a solid background in Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi. She is known in artistic circles, but I would really like to see her get more popular with the art-loving masses."
Continue reading in the slideshow...
Methil Devika is a well-known Mohiniyattam dancer. She also performs Kuchipudi. Sripada Natya Kalari is a creative space that she conceived for the pursuit and experience of classical dance. It was inaugurated in October 2011 by some of Kerala's literary and artistic greats.
Methil Devika is also a divorcee. She has a son, who is seven-year-old.
Methil Devika performing Kuchipudi.
Methi Devika performing Mohiniyattam.
Sripada Natya Kalari
It is a space exclusively created by her for experiencing and learning classical dance and other related art forms. More than just a learning space, it aims to be a space for self discovery, which alone goes into the making of a complete artist.
Methil Devika has performed dance in various nations including Baden, Switzerland in 2011, SPIC-MACAY stages in Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa and West Bengal in India, Mudra Festival, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India in 2010, Soorya India Festival in Switzerland and Singapore in 2008 and many other performances in various places.
She had won the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi Award, 2011, Kerala state's highest honor for Mohiniyattam, Devdasi National Award for dance in 2010, Awarded by Orissa's Devdasi National Dance Festival Committee in Bhubaneswar, Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar, 2008, National Award for Mohiniyattam from Kendra Sangeet Natak Akademy in New Delhi and many more.