TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Asha Sarath, who earned huge critical acclaim for her electrifying performance in Drishyam, will be sharing screen space with the magical actor Kamal Hassan in the Tamil remake of Drishyam. The actress will reprise the same role of Geetha Prabhakar IPS in the Tamil remake as well.
She has already essayed the same role in the Kannada remake of Drishyam, which starred Ravichandran and Navya Nair in the lead roles. Mohanlal and Meena played the lead roles in the original.
Tamil remake of Drishyam is directed by Jeethu Joseph himself, while the Kannada and Telugu versions were directed by P Vasu and Sripriya respectively. Nadhiya Moithu replaced Asha Sarath in the Telugu version. It was rumoured that popular actress Sridevi will be playing the role in the Tamil remake. But, it finally went to Asha Sarath.
The Tamil remake of Drishyam is going through some legal issues. Director Satish Paul has filed an injunction against remaking Drishyam, alleging that the plot of the movie is copied from his novel without permission. Director Jeethu Joseph denied the rumours stating that the movie had an original screenplay.
The Tamil version will have Kamal Hassan playing the lead role. Gautami will replace Meena as the female lead. Kamal Hassan and Gautami, who were a famous star pair in 80s and 90s, are a couple in real life too.