- Asha Sarath To Replace Gautami In Viswasapoorvam Mansoor?
- Mammootty-Syam Dhar Movie To Start Rolling Tomorrow; The Leading Ladies Finalised!
- Mohanlal & Asha Sarath Are Back Together
- Jayaram To Star In The Remake Of Appa!
- Sathyan Anthikkad Comes Out In Praise Of Anuraga Karikkin Vellam!
- B Unnikrishnan Is All Praise for Anuraga Karikkin Vellam!
Asha Sarath, who earned huge critical acclaim for her electrifying performance in Drishyam, will be sharing screen space with the magical actor Kamal Hassan in the Tamil remake of Drishyam. The actress will reprise the same role of Geetha Prabhakar IPS in the Tamil remake as well.
She has already essayed the same role in the Kannada remake of Drishyam, which starred Ravichandran and Navya Nair in the lead roles. Mohanlal and Meena played the lead roles in the original.
Tamil remake of Drishyam is directed by Jeethu Joseph himself, while the Kannada and Telugu versions were directed by P Vasu and Sripriya respectively. Nadhiya Moithu replaced Asha Sarath in the Telugu version. It was rumoured that popular actress Sridevi will be playing the role in the Tamil remake. But, it finally went to Asha Sarath.
The Tamil remake of Drishyam is going through some legal issues. Director Satish Paul has filed an injunction against remaking Drishyam, alleging that the plot of the movie is copied from his novel without permission. Director Jeethu Joseph denied the rumours stating that the movie had an original screenplay.
The Tamil version will have Kamal Hassan playing the lead role. Gautami will replace Meena as the female lead. Kamal Hassan and Gautami, who were a famous star pair in 80s and 90s, are a couple in real life too.