- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
Shaji Kailas confirmed that Mammootty and Mohanlal will play the lead roles in his upcoming directorial venture, produced by Ashirwad Cinemas. The director confirmed the news through his official Facebook page. The movie will be be jointly penned by Shaji Kailas's lucky scenarists Ranjith and Renji Panicker.
Earlier it was reported that Mammootty and Mohanlal will be teaming up for Priyadarshan's next movie; but the director later revealed that the project will not get executed in the near future.
The Mammootty-Mohanlal starrer is an ambitious project for Shaji Kailas, who is all set to make a comeback to the industry. It is doubtlessly the most anticipated project of 2015. Shaji Kailas-Mammootty has delivered some blockbuster movies including The King, The Truth and Valyettan. He has directed Mohanlal in the iconic movies Aaram Thamburan and Narasimham.
Shaji Kailas is going through a rough phase in his career with back-to-back flops Simhasanam, Madirasi and Ginger. The director was highly criticized for his movie Simhasanam, for copying the threads of the yesteryear blockbusters Naduvazhikal, Aaram Thamburan and Narasimham. His much anticipated project, The King And The Commissioner, a joined spin-off of blockbuster movies The King and Commissioner, starring Mammootty and Suresh Gopi in leads also ended up as an average grosser in the box office.