- CONFIRMED! Jeethu Joseph's Bollywood Debut Is A Horror- Thriller With Emraan Hashmi & Rishi Kapoor
- Mohanlal Movie's Big Achievement, Mammootty's Next Cop Role & Other Mollywood News Of The Week!
- WOW! Mohanlal's Drishyam Becomes The First Regional Film From India To Achieve This!
- Mohanlal's Drishyam Or Kamal Haasan's Papanasam? Here Is The Pick Of A Popular Writer!
- Is A Sequel To Mohanlal's Drishyam On Cards? Jeethu Joseph Answers
- Big Hits Of Aashirvad Cinemas! 5 Record-breaking Mohanlal Movies Produced By The Banner!
Director Satish Paul has filed an injunction in the court to stop the filming of the Tamil remake of the blockbuster movie Drishyam. The director alleges that Drishyam is copied form his novel Oru Mazhakkalathu. He states that the movie conveys the same theme as that of his novel. The novel is also about a husband who tries to conceal a crime done by his family.
Satish Paul alleges that the situations from his novel is used in the movie without any changes. He has filed complaints against Drishyam's director Jeethu Joseph, producer Antony Perumbavoor and distributor Ashirwad Cinemas under the Copyright Act. Following the petitions, Ernakulam district court has asked the filmmaker not to go ahead with the remake.
Reportedly, Ekta Kapoor has also issued a legal notice against Drishyam stating that it seems to be the adaption of the Japanese novel, The Devotion of Suspect X. She says that she has already acquired the movie making rights of the same. However, director Jeethu Joseph dismissed the allegations stating that Drishyam is neither a copy nor an adaption of any of these novels; but it is an original script.
Drishyam had Mohanlal playing the lead role. The movie went on to become a big commercial success and emerged as the second highest grossing Malayalam movie of all times.
The movie, which has already been remade in Kannada and Telugu, repeated its success in both the industries. The Tamil version is under filming with Kamal Hassan playing the lead role.