- Mohanlal’s Look From Lucifer Has Been Revealed & The First Look Poster Garners Big Appreciations!
- Mohanlal's Lucifer Begins & Reports Suggest That The Film Has A Big Star Cast!
- When Mohanlal Watched The FIFA World Cup 2018 Finals!
- Neerali Box Office Collections Day 4: Mohanlal's Film Set To Become A Big Disappointment
- Neerali Box Office Collections: Opens On A Decent Note
- Neerali Box Office Prediction: A Strong Opening On The Cards For This Mohanlal Starrer?
Mollywood's versatile filmmaker and Malayalam poet Sreekumaran Thampi, who is making his comeback to films after 21 years has came down heavily against the superstars Mohanlal and Mammootty. The director has alleged that the two superstars of Malayalam film industry are the main reason for his hibernation from Malayalam cinema.
Sreekumaran Thampi said that he was completely disappointed with the superstar driven Malayalam film industry, which made him to focus on the mini-screen for a while. Speaking at the press meet about his comeback movie Ammathottil, Sreekumaran said, "After the 90s, theatre owners started insisting on superstar films. They only wanted films which had either Mammootty or Mohanlal and this situation made it difficult for us. Both the actors, who reached this stage with our support, stopped giving dates and created a group of directors and producers for themselves. At this point, I relocated to television and focused on serials. So far I have made 13 serials and discussion for another is on."
Sreekumaran added that it was entirely unacceptable for him to see the superstars dictating terms to directors. He also said that now the era of superstars have come to an end in Malayalam films, which made him to plan for the comeback. Upcoming movie Ammathottil will features Madhu, Sharada, Indrans, Thara Varma and others in the important roles. It wil be produced by Roy John Mathew.