- Rajinikanth VS Mammootty VS Mohanlal: A Phenomenal Competition Awaits!
- Hrithik Roshan Wished Mohanlal On His Birthday & That Has Left The Social Media Users Guessing!
- This Popular Mohanlal Movie To Make A Re-release In The Theatres!
- Mohanlal Celebrates Birthday With His Wife Suchitra Mohanlal; Thanks Everyone For The Wishes!
- Happy Birthday Mohanlal: Top Celebrities Send Out Their Special Wishes To Mollywood’s Own ‘Lalettan’
- Mohanlal Birthday Special: A Quick Look Into The Much Awaited BIG Movies Of Mohanlal!
Mohanlal defended the criticism against Drishyam being an inspiration for crimes, through his column in the famous daily Malayala Manorama. Mohanlal said that movies are just art forms and it cannot be copied to real life. He shared his disappointment on blaming Drishyam for being an inspiration for crimes which happened recently.
Mohanlal feels that art forms, including cinema are just mediums of entertainment and they cannot be an inspiration in real life. He pointed out the famous Kathakali story, Balivadham as an example.
The actor states that, Balivadham is one of the most famous Aattakatha which influenced the audience a lot; but it cannot be blamed for the sibling rivalries which exists even now. In the same way, Drishyam cannot be blamed for inspiring people to do crimes.
Mohanlal also revealed his displeasure over the Malayali society for blaming movies for all social negativity. He insisted that, people should understand that cinema is born out of somebody's imagination and it is not reality. He also cleared that, Drishyam conveys some good messages apart from the basic plot and the movie does not support any type of criminal activities.