- Mollywood Retake: What If R Madhavan's Nala Damayanthi Is Remade In Malayalam?
- Past To Present: Who Can Replace Mohanlal & Others If Onnu Muthal Poojyam Vare Is Remade Now?
- Geethu Mohandas's Clash With Leading Malayalam Daily!
- Watch: Njan Steve Lopez Theatrical Trailer
- In Pics: Mollywood's Best Pals
- I Am Not Doing Any Movie With Manju Warrier, Says Geethu Mohandas
Liar's Dice, directed by Mollywood actress-turned-director Geethu Mohandas,has been selected as India's official entry in 87th Academy Awards, in the Best Foreign Movie category. The movie, which earned huge critical acclaims, was picked from a huge list of movies submitted; including Vikas Bahl directed Queen, Hansal Mehta's Shahid etc.
Liar's Dice is a road movie which revolves around a village lady, who goes in search of her missing husband. The movie had won two National Awards. Geethanjali Thapa, who played the lead role, won the National Film Award for Best Actress, for her performance in the movie. Rajeev Ravi, the who handled the cinematography, won the National Award for Best Cinematographer.
Another interesting fact about the movie is, Geethu Mohandas is married to Rajeev Ravi. The couple has also worked together for Rajeev Ravi's directorial venture Njan Steve Lopez. Geethu was one among the scriptwriters of the movie.
Geethu Mohandas rose to fame as a child artist. Later, she debuted as a lead actress and has worked with the big names of Mollywood, including Mammootty, Mohanlal, Suresh Gopi and Prithviraj. She had won Best Actress award in Kerala State Film Awards and Filmfare Awards South, for her performance in Shyamaprasad directed Akale.