- It’s Mohanlal In Ranjith’s Next Directorial Venture!
- Mohanlal & Ranjith To Join Hands Yet Again?
- Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie Has One More Interesting Addition!
- WOW! Mammootty To Be A Part Of Ranjith's Next!
- Ranjith's Niranj-Anu Sithara Project Gets A Title!
- Ranjith To Team Up With Youngsters For His Next!
- CUT TO 1989: When Mammootty, Mohanlal & Adoor Gopalakrishnan Brought Laurels To The State!
Ranjith, the versatile director who proved his mettle with some different movies, alleged that he haven't seen veteran director Adoor Gopalakrishan watching movies with the audience. Ranjith was talking about Adoor's controversial remark on International Film Festival audience, in an interview given to a leading daily during the Indian International Film Festival. Ranjith's recent released movie Njaan was screened in the festival.
Recently, Adoor Gopalakrishnan's take on the audience of the film festival has stirred up controversies. The veteran director allegedly remarked the International Film Festival is only meant for the audience who is familiar with English language and world cinema. Adoor Gopalakrishnan was harshly criticized by the media and public for the statement which insults the common audience.
Ranjith says that he has seen Adoor in the parties conducted during the International Film Festival; but the veteran director is not so keen on interacting with the audience. Ranjith also added that cinema is a medium which is meant for all people; without any class differences.
The director remarked that most of the audience of Indian International Film Festival is common people; but they thoroughly enjoy all kinds of movies. Ranjith also confirmed that his movies will not be screened in the International Film Festival of Kerala. He made this retaliating decision because his movie Njaan was not nominated for IFFK awards. IFFK will be held from 12th-19th of December, in Trivandrum.