- Kalabhavan Mani's Death: Police Team To Wrap Up The Investigation!
- Kalabhavan Mani's Death: Accused To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Director Talks About Kalabhavan Mani's Commitment In His Last Tamil Movie
- Meet Malavika Nair, The New Child Artist Turned Actress In M'Town!
- CONFIRMED: Kalabhavan Mani's Death Was Not Natural!
- Kalabhavan Mani Was Not In Touch With Brother Ramakrishnan: Sabu
Kalabhavan Mani will play the antagoinist in the tamil remake of blockbuster movie Drishyam, which is reportedly titled as Papanaasham. According the reports, the actor has been confirmed for the antagonist role, which was played by the Kalabhavan Shajone in the original.
Kalabhavan Mani, who is a familiar face in the entire South Indian film industry, has already played antagonist roles in various Tamil movies including Vikram starrer blockbuster movie Gemini; for which he had won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor in Negative Role.
Drishyam, directed by Jeethu Joseph had Mohanlal and Meena in the lead roles. Asha Sarath and Siddique also played the pivotal roles. The movie went on to become a huge commercial success and the second highest ever grossing movie of Mollywood.
The movie is already remade in Kannada and Telugu. P Vasu was the director of Kannada remake and actress-director Sripriya directed the Telugu remake. Venkatesh and Ravichandran played the lead roles in Telugu and Kannada versions respectively. Meena reprised her character in the Telugu version; while Navya Nair played the female lead in Kannada version.
Kamal Hassan will play the lead role in the Tamil version; which will be directed by Jeethu Joseph himself. Reportedly, Gauthami will be reprising the role played by Meena. Veteran actress and Kamal Hassan's lucky pair Sridevi is considered for the pivotal role, which was played by Asha Sarath in Malayalam.