- OMG! Lakshmi Rai Gives Pawan Kalyan's Title To A Dog
- Pawan Kalyan-Lakshmi Rai's Selfie At Sardaar Gabbar Singh Sets Shakes Twitter
- Lakshmi Rai To Sizzle Alongside Pawan Kalyan
- Jayaram And Raai Lakshmi In Santhoshamayi Gopiyetta
- AR Murugadoss's 'Akira' Has Lakshmi Rai In Guest Role!
- Born In Karnataka But Famous Elsewhere
- Hotties Anjali And Raai Laxmi Team Up!
Lakshmi Rai, one of the hottest actresses in Mollywood has reportedly changed her name in movies. From now, she will be known as Raai Laxmi. And the reason behind the change? Because her previous name did not have that punch!
A close source said, ""Lakshmi is now doing action roles and feels her old name gives the impression that she is a soft person. So, she has now chosen to change her name to Raai Laxmi, in tune with the action roles that she is doing now."
Later, the actress also confirmed her name change and said, "Yes, my name in now Raai Laxmi. It is not exactly a name change. It is the same name but it is just that I am shuffling it a bit. I have added an extra 'a' to the Rai as it is going to be my first name."
Raai Laxmi also gave the real reason behind her change in name. She said. "I was supposed to do this almost a year ago, but I couldn't because of prior commitments. One needs some time to do this as everyone knows me as Lakshmi Rai. My family named me after the Goddess. But nobody calls me Lakshmi.
People have always called me either Rai or Lakshmi Rai. Even at home, they call me just Raai. Moreover, we have moved to many places right from my childhood. So, I haven't been able to spare the time for the name change. My dad has been insisting for a long time that I change my name to Raai as it goes with my personality. Even now, it all seems to be happening automatically. From now on, all my films will credit me as Raai Laxmi."