- After Mammootty's son, Mohanlal, Jayaram's kids try their luck
- Mammootty to clash with Mohanlal on December 16, 2011
- They Deserved More! 7 Most Underrated Malayalam Movies Of 2016!
- The First Half Of 2016: Malayalam Movies That Didn't Meet The Expectations!
- 5 Films In Which Biju Menon Stole The Show From Lead Actors!
- 5 Best Films Of Ranjith: The Director's Films That You Shouldn't Give A Miss!
Scenarist Unni R confirmed that the upcoming movie Leela, directed by Ranjith with Mammootty in lead role, is not shelved. He cleared the rumours in a recent interview and confirmed that the project is very much on the board and the scripting is in pipeline. The movie is expected to go on floors by 2015. Mammootty will be palying a mahout Kuttiyappan, in the movie.
Leela is based on Unni R's short story of the same name. In 2012, director Ranjith announced that he is making a movie based on Leela; but later, the project was rumoured to be shelved.
The movie revolves around a mahout, Kuttiyappan and an orphan girl Leela, who comes into his life. Earlier, it was rumoured that Mohanlal or Shankar Ramakrishnan will be playing Kuttiyappan; but later Ranjith confirmed that the character will be played by Mammootty.
Initially, Karthika Nair, Mamta Mohandas and Ann Augustine were considered to play the title character Leela. Later, Ann got finalised for the role; but the actress backed out citing the controversial nature of the subject.
Reoprtedly, Rima Kallingal will be playing Leela. The movie will have an ensemble star cast including Lalu Alex, Suresh Krishna and Kottayam Naseer. Director Shyamaprasad will make his debut as a music director, with this movie. Leela is produced by Ranjith under the banner Capitol Theatres.