- Popular Actress Manju Warrier’s Father Madhava Warrier Is No More!
- Mohanlal’s Lucifer: Manju Warrier To Play The Role Of The Leading Lady?
- Mohanlal Movie Box Office: A Good Outing For The Film At The Theatres!
- 41st Kerala Film Critics Awards: Fahadh Faasil & Manju Warrier Are The Big Winners!
- Mohanlal Review: A Tale Dedicated To All The Die-hard Fans Of Mohanlal!
- When Nimisha Sajayan Met Mohanlal & Manju Warrier!
Manju Warrier, the actress who is the goodwill ambassador of organic farming project, inaugurated the harvest of Sreenivasan's organic paddy field, in Kandanadu near Kochi. The actress made a comeback with into movies, with How Old Are You, the movie which revolves around the theme organic farming. Sreenivasan started organic paddy cultivation on 2.5 acres in Kandanadu, four years back.
Sreenivasan says that cultivation was done using Kasargode Kunji cow's dung and urine as fertilizers. It was later expanded into 35 acres with the help of Kandanadu padashekara samithi. The seed species used is Jyothi. Even though machines were used due to the un-availability of laborers, fertilizers were completely avoided.
Manju Warrier, expressed her happiness about being part of the event, through her official Facebook page. Quoting Manju, "The fact is that we can self sustain ourselves with a little effort from our side. Sreeniettan who is always different proved it once again. It was a first experience for me and a great one. Respect to all those farmers and cultivators who make sure we have our daily meal,"
Popular Mollywood actors, including Sreenivasan, Mammootty and Kunchako Boban are highly in the filed of organic farming. Mammootty has recently made headlines by cultivating an old seed species, which was reproduced by the Agricultural University of Kerala.