- Dileep Row: Revathy Defends Manju Warrier's Silence On The AMMA Controversy
- Dulquer Salmaan, Trisha, Manju Warrier, Tovino Thomas And Parvathy In A Single Frame!
- Popular Actress Manju Warrier’s Father Madhava Warrier Is No More!
- Mohanlal’s Lucifer: Manju Warrier To Play The Role Of The Leading Lady?
- Mohanlal Movie Box Office: A Good Outing For The Film At The Theatres!
- 41st Kerala Film Critics Awards: Fahadh Faasil & Manju Warrier Are The Big Winners!
Manju Warrier, the popular actress who won the Kalasree Award of Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy in 2012 for the excellence in the field of Kuchipudi, has landed in controversy. Director-journalist Vinod Mankara and Navaneetham Cultural Society recently criticized the award jury for giving Manju the award, avoiding the veteran dancers who have been in the field of Kuchipudi for so many years.
Vinod Mankara termed the award jury's decision, unworthy and shameful. The director points out that Manju Warrier was away from the field of dance for almost 15 years and hasn't made any big contributions to the art form. He states that Manju doesn't deserve the prestigious award; but was given the award because of her star value.
Manju Warrier has always been in the headlines since her comeback. The actress was selected as the brand ambassador of Kerala Government's Organic Farming Project, after the huge success of her comeback movie How Old Are You, which promotes the idea of organic farming.
The authorities were highly criticized by various organisations and public, for selecting a person like Manju, who has no connection to agriculture, as the brand ambassador on the basis of her performance in a movie. The actress hasn't made any comments on these issues yet.