TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Drishyam, as we all know, was the most successful movie for the year 2013. Owing to its excellent script and unseen mannerisms from the legendary actor Mohanlal, the movie is still in news. Now, the latest news is that Drishyam has been sold to Asianet, Malayalam's leading Television channel for a whooping amount of Rs 6.5 crores!
Now, with this, Drishyam bags the record of having acquired the ever biggest satellite amount in Mollywood. Earlier, the remake rights of the movie was sold for Rs 1.55 crores. The total budget of the movie was Rs 3.5 crores. The movie has now received double the amount from its satellite rights.
Mohanlal's own banner Aashirwaad Cinemas produced Drishyam. The theatre collection for the movie has not been received yet, but reports claim that the movie has received almost Rs 15 crores collection till date.
Drishyam is still running successfully with houseful shows in all the released theaters. It was earlier released in 80 theaters and in the third week after the release it is running in 90 theaters. This shows the success of the movie.
It is to be noted that Dileep starred movie Ezhu Sundara Rathrikal was assured to be paid Rs 30 crores as satellite rights, if the movie ran for 50 days at least in 10 theaters. Unfortunately, the movie bagged only Rs 5.30 crores.