- Mohanlal And Major Ravi To Team Up Yet Again For A Village Based Tale!
- When Mohanlal Was Voted As The Most Popular Keralite!
- Mohanlal's Surprise Entry In Tini Tom's Facebook Live!
- Rajinikanth VS Mammootty VS Mohanlal: A Phenomenal Competition Awaits!
- Hrithik Roshan Wished Mohanlal On His Birthday & That Has Left The Social Media Users Guessing!
- This Popular Mohanlal Movie To Make A Re-release In The Theatres!
The Kerala Government’s decision to nominate Mohanlal for the prestigious Padma Bhushan awards has landed in trouble. Anti Corruption and Human Rights Protection Council of Palakkad district, has reportedly filed a complaint to the Central home secretary, stating that the nominee list is biased and lacks transparency due to the political intervention.
The complaint also points out that Mohanlal has been accused under the wild life act for the possession of ivory; which makes him ineligible for the Padma Awards. According to the reports, the council has also mailed the complaint to the President of India and Prime Minister too.
Mohanlal received the fourth highest civilian award of the country Padma Shri, in the year 2001. If things fall at place, Mohanlal will be the first Malayalam actor to receive the third highest civilian award of the country, Padma Bhushan.
A case has been registered against Mohanlal, by the income tax department for possessing ivory without license. Isaac Varghese, the state president of the action council states that it is unfair to nominate a person; who is accused under the wild life act, for the civilian awards as it will convey a wrong message to the society. Mohanlal hasn’t commented on the issue yet.