- Mohanlal & This Popular Tamil Actor Are Back Together After Two Decades!
- Mohanlal-Ranjith Team's Next Movie Has An Interesting Title!
- Mohanlal Shares A Still Taken With A Group Of Bikers!
- Mohanlal Starrer Neerali Has Been Postponed & The New Release Date Is Out!
- Mohanlal & Prayaga Martin To Shake A Leg To A Yesteryear Classic Song!
- A Legendary Malayalam Actor To Join Mohanlal's Marakkar - Arabikadalinte Simham!
According to the latest reports, Mohanlal will take over the chairmanship of the leading Malayalam television channel Amrita TV. The channel, which is owned by Matha Amritanandamayi Math, is all set to get re-launched on November 1st, Kerala Piravi day. If the reports are to be believed, Mohanlal will take charge as the new chairman of the channel, along with the re-launch.
Reportedly, the channel is transforming into a complete entertainment channel, without news and other information related programs. It is also rumoured that, the Amritanandamayi Math is planning to launch a news channel in near future.
Mohanlal, who has always expressed his deep interest in spirituality, is a strong follower of Matha Amritanandamayi. The actor has recently decided to sell the television rights of all his upcoming movies to Amrita TV, upon the request of Matha Amritanandamayi, who visited him when he was hospitalised due to spondylitis problem.
The sources report that the channel officials formally approached Mohanlal to take over the chairmanship and the actor gave his consent for the proposal. If the rumours are to be believed, Mohanlal will be the second Mollywood actor to take over the chairmanship of a TV channel, after Mammootty, who is the chairman of Kairali TV.