- Mohanlal-Padmarajan Team's Thoovanathumbikal: Celebrating The 30 Years Of This CLASSIC!
- Valentine's Day Special: 10 Classic Love Stories Of Malayalam Cinema
- Kalidas Jayaram Makes His Mimicry Debut
- Music director M G Radhakrishnan passes away
- CUT TO 1989: When Mammootty, Mohanlal & Adoor Gopalakrishnan Brought Laurels To The State!
- SHOCKING! Adoor Gopalakrishnan Isn’t Impressed With Baahubali!
N L Balakrishnan, the popular actor-photographer who has been active in the film industry since last 52 years, passed away. The 72 year old, who was undergoing treatment for cancer, in Thiruvananthapuram medical college. Cremation will take palce at his house, in Poudikkonam at 2 pm today.
Narayanan Lakshmi Balakrishnan aka N L Balakrishnan, was born in 1943 in Poudikkonam, Trivandrum. He did his diploma in Painting from Fine Arts collge, Thrivananthapuram. The actor later got trained in photography from various popular studios and later ventured into movies.
Balakrishnan has worked in almost 170 movies as a still photographer. He was a long-time assosiate of veteran film makers like P Padmarajan, Bharathan, John Abraham, Adoor Gopalakrishnan, G Aravindan, K G George etc. He has also worked as a photojournalist in Kerala Kaumudi for almost 11 years.
As an actor, N L Balakrishnan has appeared in almost 180 movies. He made his acting debut with Rajeev Anchal's Ammanam Kili. He has acted in popular movies including Orkkapurathu, Kakkothikkavile Appooppanthadikal, Pattanapravesham, Joker etc. Balakrishnan last appeared in Mammootty starrer Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus, in 2013.
The actor, who had won the Kerala Lalithakala Academy Award and Chalachithra Prathibha Award, has also published a book, titled Black & White, in 2011. He is survived by wife Nalini, sons Jayabalan and Jayakrishnan and daughter Kunju Mol.