- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Continues To Reign At The Top In This List!
- Mammootty’s Peranbu: The Second Teaser Is Out & This One Too is A Heart-Touching One!
- Mammootty's Oru Kuttanadan Blog: The First Look Poster Is Out!
- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
As per the latest reports, actor-director Anoop Menon has replaced Mammootty as the title character in the upcoming movie Puluvan Mathai, directed by Saji Surendran. The sources suggest that the director was so keen to cast Mammootty in the title role; but the actor turned down the offer due to his busy schedule.
Later, Saji Surendran's best pal Anoop Menon was finalised for the role. Anoop and Saji has earlier joined hands for the popular movie Angry Babies. The duo is currently filming for their upcoming flick She Taxi, which will have Kavya Madhavan in the female lead.
Saji Surendran was always keen to direct his favorite star Mammootty. The director has always expressed his deep desire to work with his favorite star. Anoop Menon, on the other hand, has always been vocal about the influence of Mammootty and Mohanlal in his acting career. the actor-director duo is looking forward for an opportunity to work with Mammootty.
Puluvan Mathai is a satirical-comedy which revolves around the title character Mathai, who is extremely good in playing pranks on others. Krishna Poojapura will pen the script for the movie. Rest of the cast and crew are yet to be finalised. The movie will start filming for the first week of April.