TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
The director himself confirmed the news in a recent interview given to Manorama online. Earlier, Kerala Kaumudi had reported that Manju Warrier was omitted from the project owing to her huge remuneration.
But Aashiq Abu slammed the rumours by stating that the actress is very much a part of the project. Aashiq's wife, popular actress Rima Kallingal will play the another lead character in the movie.
Reportedly, Rima and Manju will be essaying the title characters Rani and Padmini respectively in the movie. Rani Padmini revolves around the journey of two women, who are totally strangers to each other.
Aashiq says that Rani Padmini will be a thriller travel movie, which is about the journey of Rani and Padmini, from Kochi to Delhi, which later extends to Himachal Pradesh and Jammu Kashmir.
According to the director, Rani Padmini will be a completely new experiment in the history of Malayalam cinema. Shyam Pushkaran pens the script for the movie, which will start rolling from the middle of April.