TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
Picket 43, the recently released Prithviraj starrer is the latest subject of controversy in M'town. Picket 43 producer Sunil O G has lodged a complaint against director Major Ravi, citing that the movie caused huge financial loss due to the excessive budget.
According to the producer Sunil O G, Picket 43 was planned with a budget of 4 crores; but was later exceeded by about 70 lakhs rupees. The producer points out that Major Ravi didn't maintain a financial discipline during the filming and money was spent without any control.
The producer states that producing a movie with such irresponsible filmmakers is a big risk, in a small industry like Mollywood. Producers association has decided to conduct an enquiry in the grounds of Sunil O G's complaint.
Recently, producer Liberty Basheer has stated that all the 2015 releases, including Picket 43 and Fireman were box office flops; to the much disappointment of the production banners of respective movies and audience.
Producers of Fireman and Picket 43 has immediately slammed Liberty Basheer's statements and has confirmed that both the movie are box office successes. The makers also criticized Liberty Basheer for misleading the audience and media.
Major Ravi has been a subject of controversy, since his entry into movie industry. The director's ugly spat with actor Unni Mukundan and his arguments with veteran actor Kamal over his controversial speech has created a huge stir in the Malayalam movie industry.