TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Mammootty starrer Puthiya Niyamam is all set to hit the theatres. The movie, which is written and directed by AK Sajan, has already created a hype among the audience, with the promising star cast and theme.
But many of us are unaware that the lead character of the movie, Adv. Louis Pothan was not originally written for Mammootty. AK Sajan initially had writer-actor Renji Panicker in his mind, when he started scripting the movie.
Sajan even narrated the story to Renji, and the scenarist was impressed. But Renji felt that the character demands a powerful actor like Mammootty, and advised Sajan to plan the project on a larger scale, with the megastar as Louis Pothen.
Later, Sajan narrated the script to Mammootty, who immediately agreed to do the project. The team roped in Nayantara as the female lead, considering her great onscreen chemistry with Mammootty. Initially, the role was offered to Muthumani.
Puthiya Niyamam is all about the life of the inter-caste couple Adv. Louis Pothan and Vasuki. The movie, which is said to be a social thriller which deals with the issues faced by inter-caste couples, is expected to be released for Christmas 2015.