- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
Well, everyone knows about the magical acting skills of Mammootty. The actor, over the years, has continued to grow with each passing film of his career.
Today, we are going to list some of the movies in which Mammootty handled some comic moments with effortless ease. Take a look.
Bellari Raja became a sensation and the way in which he handled the Trivandrum dialect was simply superb. Mammootty dominated in most of the comedy sequences in this movie and the film went on to become one of the biggest blockbusters.
Pranchiyettan And The Saint (2010)
How can we forget this movie? Mammootty made the character of Pranchi memorable with his unique acting style. More importantly, he proved that he could handle Thrissur dialect too.
Azhakiya Ravanan (1996)
In fact, the role of Shankar Das in Azhakiya Raavanan wasn't that easy to portray. Mammootty had to look serious and at the same time make people laugh. Mammootty was successful in that task and the film is considered to be one of the best in Mammootty's entire career.
Kottayam Kunjachan (1990)
Kottayam Kunjachan was a blockbuster of that time. There are many comic sequences in the movie which entertained us all. Check out for the sequence, in which Mammootty has given a drunken act. Simply awesome!!
Nandi Veendum Varika (1986)
If you come across this movie on television, you definitely need to watch it. This movie came at a time when Mammootty was completely new to humour-centered roles. Mammootty played the role of a police man who fears his hob.
Manu Uncle (1988)
Mammootty gave a decent performance in this film which had the actor in the funny role of a wannabe scientist. There are some sequences in this film in which Mammootty proves that he could handle subtle humour too.
Mammootty in the role of a flirtatious guy. Something we couldn't have thought of back then. But, Mammootty pulled off the role with effortless ease and Kuttettan was one such movie which had the actor at his humorous best.
Sreedharante Onnam Thirumurivu (1987)
The role of Sreedharan in this film directed by Sathyan Anthikkad, did suit Mammootty perfectly. This role of a common man was simply safe in the hands of Mammootty.
Thommanum Makkalum (2004)
Thommanum Makkalum was high on entertainment factorand it had Mammootty shining in many comic sequences along with Rajan P Dev and Lal.
Well, many did thrash the quality of the movie but there is no denying the fact that Mammootty was at his best doing the funny character of Gulan. His voice modulation and the good use of Kochi slang did create some good moments of laughter.
Less often we have talked about the ability of Mammootty to handle comedy. In fact, the performance of the actor in most of the above films prove that he could handle comedy easily and thus proving his versatility as an actor.
In the initial phases of his career, he was mostly getting serious roles which might have led him to being labelled as an actor, who is not that suitable for comic roles.
But, with time, Mammootty proved that he could fit in perfectly to any kind of roles. With each film, he kept growing, conquering new arenas, which were once labelled as not suitable to the actor.
Films like Rajamanikyam, Kottayam Kunjachan etc did solely ride on the exceptional comic timing of the actor.
His upcoming film Thoppil Joppan directed by Johny Antony is said to be an out-and-out comedy entertainer. Mammootty would be seen in the role of an achayan in this film, and the actor is expected to give a fully loaded performance.