- Drama Teaser: Mohanlal-Ranjith Team Is Back With Something Special!
- Mohanlal-Ranjith Team's Next Movie Has An Interesting Title!
- Mohanlal-Ranjith Movie: Popular Actress Kaniha Joins The Team!
- Mohanlal Joins The Sets Of His Next Film With Ranjith!
- Mohanlal-Ranjith Team’s Next Movie Is Not Bilathikadha?
- Mohanlal To Join The Works Of Ranjith's Upcoming Movie Next!
- It’s Mohanlal In Ranjith’s Next Directorial Venture!
- Mohanlal & Ranjith To Join Hands Yet Again?
- Prithviraj-Anjali Menon Movie Has One More Interesting Addition!
- WOW! Mammootty To Be A Part Of Ranjith's Next!
- Ranjith's Niranj-Anu Sithara Project Gets A Title!
- Ranjith To Team Up With Youngsters For His Next!
Ranjith, is known as the master craftsman of Malayalam cinema, a title which he indeed deserves. His latest film Leela has opened to good reviews and is said to be a film that is path-breaking.
Here, we take you through 5 best films of Ranjith so far.
Paleri Manikyam Oru Paathira Kolapathakathinte Katha
Ranjith did really stun us with this project which was an adaptation of T P Rajeevan's novel of the same name. The film went on to win multiple awards, including the Kerala State Film Award for the Best Film.
Pranchiyettan And The Saint
Definitely, this is one of the finest works of Ranjith so far. A well-crafted piece of work which was in the lines of a social satire, which could be enjoyed by all sections of the audience.
A simple movie with down to earth characters, which made a lasting impact on the viewers. This film indeed paved way for the Ranjith's dream for good cinema. The character of Balachandran played by Mammootty will always be there in the minds of people.
This film is Ranjith's straight forward take on the tinsel town. The narrative pattern of this film made it a unique experience. Thirakkatha, definitely had that Ranjith touch associated with it.
Indian Rupee again had a very important message to deliver, focusing on today's youth. The narrative style of the film as well as the wonderfully scripted events that take forward the movie, make this film a great experience to watch.
Ranjith, debuted as a director through the film Raavanaprabhu which was the sequel of Devasuram, which had its script written by Ranjith.
Ranjith definitely deserves some credit for the change that Malayalam cinema witnessed in the past decade.
At a point of time, he decided not to go with formulaic cinema anymore and started focusing on movies which would take Malayalam cinema into a new level.
Movies like Thirakkatha, Kaiyoppu, Indian Rupee, Kaiyoppu, Pranchiyettan And The Saint, Njan, Spirit etc were born out of the conviction of the director to stay with good cinema.
It's a fact that his past few films, didn't do well at the box office. His previous release was Loham which had Mohanlal in the lead role.
But, Leela is indeed the comeback of the director to meaningful cinema. The script of Leela has been written by Unni R. It is for the first time that Ranjith is calling the shots for a script written by another person.