- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Success: Mammootty & Team Celebrate By Cutting A Cake!
Mammootty, is one such actor, who silences his critics with his movies. Whenever he was criticised for not giving box office hits, he came back strongly with some big hits.
This year, so far, has been a good one for Mammootty, with Kasaba turning out to be a hit. Here, we list 5 biggest hits of Mammootty from the last 5 years. Take a look.
Bhaskar The Rascal (2015)
Bhaskar The Rascal came in when Mammootty was in search of a big hit. The film directed by Siddique, attracted the family audiences and went on to become a big hit. The film, reportedly, made a gross collection of 25 Crores worldwide.
Pathemari, directed by Salim Ahmed was one of the most acclaimed movies of 2015. The film had Mammootty in the role of an expatriate. The film had a good run at the box office and did make a gross collection of approximately 15 Crores.
Kasaba, which released this year, did create a box office record by breaking the opening day collection record of Kali. The film received mixed reviews but still managed to cross approximately 15 crores from Kerala theatres alone.
Rajadhiraja, directed by Ajay Vasudev was a mass entertainer, which had Mammootty in full form. According to reports, the film almost made it to the 10-Crore mark and was declared a success.
Immanuel, which released in the year 2013, was one of the genuine hits given by Mammootty, after a break. The film, directed by Lal Jose did have a decent run at the box office and made a gross collection of approximately 8 crores, from Kerala alone.
More importantly, in the past 5 years, Mammootty has maintained the right balance by giving equal importance to commercial films as well as films with quality content. The actor's Munnariyippu is considered to be one of the best films of this decade, so far.
Meanwhile, the actor is gearing up for the release of his upcoming film Thoppil Joppan. The film would hit the theatres tomorrow(October 7, 2016).
Thoppil Joppan has Mammootty in the role of an 'achayan'. The film directed by Johny Antony is said to be in the lines of an entertainer with a realistic touch. Mamtha Mohandas and Andrea Jeremiah will be seen as the female leads in the film
The film is set to get released in over 100 theatres in Kerala. We hope that the film would turn out to be a big hit.