- Mysskin's 'I Would Have Raped Mammootty' Joke Is In Bad Taste And The Fans Are Not Happy About It
- Mammootty's Peranbu Fetches The Praises Of An Internationally Acclaimed Film-maker
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: Becomes The Third Malayalam Movie To Breach This Big Landmark!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Mammootty's Stunning Performance From This Movie Continues To Win Praises!
- YSR Biopic: The Teaser Of Mammootty’s Yatra Is Terrific
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Mammootty Starrer Is In The Race To Become The Top Grosser!
- After Playing Mohanlal's Villain, The Actor To Turn Mammootty’s Father In An Upcoming Movie?
- This Sequel To Mammootty's Blockbuster Movie To Begin In August?
- Mammootty, Mohanlal & Other Celebrities At AMMA General Body Meeting 2018!
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office Report: How Much Has The Film Collected So Far?
- Abrahaminte Santhathikal Box Office: The Film Successfully Passes The Weekdays' Test!
Mammootty is often considered to be an actor with an amazing script sense. But, there are times when he had to let go of some works owing to various reasons and many such works later landed up in the hands of Mohanlal.
Here, we list 5 Mohanlal movies, which were initially planned with Mammootty, by their makers. Go through the slides to know more.
Rajavinte Makan (1986)
Rajavinte Makan directed by Thampi Kannanthanam, was initially planned with Mammootty in the lead role. But, Mammootty, who was going through a lean phase in his career rejected the offer. Finally, the film went to Mohanlal and this film earned him the tag of a superstar.
Recently, Cheriyan Kalpakavadi, the writer of Nirnayam revealed that the team had narrated the story of Nirnayam to Mammootty and the actor was interested in the project. But, the project got delayed owing to busy schedule of the actor and the team finally decided to make the film with Mohanlal.
Run Baby Run (2012)
Run Baby Run, directed by Joshiy was one of the biggest hits of the year 2012. Reports suggest that Joshiy and scenarist Sachi, had Mammootty in their minds, during the initial phases of the project.
Jeethu Joseph had first narrated the script of Drishyam to Mammootty. The actor had to deny the project owing to his busy schedule. There were also rumours doing the rounds that it was Mammootty who referred Mohanlal to the director.
The case of Manichithrathazhu was a bit different. When director Fazil decided to make Manichithrathazhu, many of his contemporaries had asked him to cast Mammootty as Dr Sunny. But, the director opted for Mohanlal, since he moulded the character mixing bits of funny and eccentric mannerisms in the character.
It has to be noted that most of the films in the above list have turned out to be big hits. And these films were definitely costly misses for the Megastar.
In fact, Rajavinte Makan, which released in the year 1986, was a big turning point in the career of Mohanlal. The enormous success of the film gave Mohanlal the superstar tag. Mammootty was having a bad time back then, with back-to-back failures.
Similarly, Drishyam, directed by Jeethu Joseph came at a time, when Mohanlal was in search of a big hit and the film rightly turned out to be the biggest hit in history of Malayalam cinema, breaking many box-office collection records.
Well, the industry is not new to misses like these. Many stars including Mohanlal, Dileep, Prithviraj have rejected some blockbuster films, which later went to the hands of some other stars and thus proving to be career defining films for those actors.