- Mohanlal’s Look From Lucifer Has Been Revealed & The First Look Poster Garners Big Appreciations!
- Mohanlal's Lucifer Begins & Reports Suggest That The Film Has A Big Star Cast!
- When Mohanlal Watched The FIFA World Cup 2018 Finals!
- Neerali Box Office Collections Day 4: Mohanlal's Film Set To Become A Big Disappointment
- Neerali Box Office Collections: Opens On A Decent Note
- Neerali Box Office Prediction: A Strong Opening On The Cards For This Mohanlal Starrer?
- Neerali Review: A Dwindling Cliffhanger That Manages To Thrill At Parts!
- Neerali Twitter Review: LIVE Updates On The Mohanlal Starrer!
- Before Neerali: Revisiting The 5 Best Thrillers Of Mohanlal In This Decade So Far!
- Mohanlal Is All Set To Take You For A Scintillating Ride With 4 Big Releases!
- Here’s How Mammootty & Mohanlal Fans Had A Gala Time Last Week!
- Remya Nambeesan Hits Back At Mohanlal; Claims Survivor Is Disgusted With His Remarks On The AMMA Row
We recently heard that renowned scriptwriter John Paul is making a comeback to films with Major Ravi's upcoming film which would have Mohanlal in the lead role.
John Paul, is one of the most versatile scriptwriters in the industry and his comeback is indeed a good sign for Malayalam cinema. Here, we list some of the best works of John Paul, so far.
Chamaram directed by Bharathan had the script written by John Paul. The film went on to become a trendsetter, by narrating the story of an affair between a student and a lecturer. This was a path- breaking movie and won great applause.
This definitely has to be one of the finest works of John Paul, so far. Yathra was a path-breaking movie and the film directed by Balu Mahendra gave Mammootty one of his finest roles in his initial days of film career. The film won both critical and commercial success.
Palangal, which is best remembered for the amazing craftsmanship of director Bharathan, was written by John Paul. His amazing sense of characterisations can be noted through this movie.
Oru Minnaaminunginte Nurunguvettam (1987)
John Paul yet gain showed his mastery by scripting the heart-wrenching tale of an aged couple. This film directed by Bharathan went on win two Kerala State Film Awards.
Vida Parayum Munpe (1981)
This film is considered to be one of the best movies of Prem Nazir. The actor won the Special Jury Award at the Kerala State Film Awards. The film written by John Paul was directed by Mohan.
This film which narrated the story of a smuggler named Tharadas went on to be a huge success. Many don't know that this film directed by I V Sasi had its script written by John Paul.
John Paul has so far penned screenplays for nearly 100 movies and by all means we could call him a master writer.
His association with the renowned director Bharathan has given some evergreen classics to Malayalam cinema. The scripts written by John Paul has provided solid content for many of the Bharathan movies.
More importantly, what makes John Paul different from other writers, is his versatility. He has shown his skills in writing dramas, action thrillers and even comedies, with the same amount of perfection.
It is after a gap of 9 years that the writer is making a comeback to the film industry. His previous outing as a writer in films like Vellathooval directed by I V Sasi and Nammal Thammil directed by Viji Thampy, were unforgettable.
The upcoming Major Ravi movie is said to be a family drama. We hope that the master writer would make a thunderous comeback and would continue to amaze us with some fine works.