- REVEALED: Mohanlal's Role In Priyadarshan's Next
- WOW! Mohanlal Bags Yet Another Award For Oppam!
- Big Hits Of Aashirvad Cinemas! 5 Record-breaking Mohanlal Movies Produced By The Banner!
- Before 1971 Beyond Borders: Box Office Analysis Of Mohanlal's Previous 5 Malayalam Movies!
- 4 Mohanlal Movies & Another Biggie: Aashirvad Cinemas Gearing Up For 5 Big Projects!
- 7 Performances That Prove Mohanlal Is The King Of Song Sequences!
Aashirvad Cinemas, which is owned by Antony Perumbavoor is one of the largest production banners of Malayalam cinema. The banner has produced several blockbusters, including the recently released Mohanlal-Priyadarshan film, Oppam.
As per the latest reports, Aashirvad Cinemas is all set to make its debut in Bollywood. The banner will enter the industry by producing the remake of Oppam, which will be directed by Priyadarshan, himself.
Thus, Aashirvad Cinemas has emerged as the first Malayalam production banner to receive an official Bollywood entry. Oppam Hindi remake, which will start rolling in 2017, reportedly stars Akshay Kumar in the lead role.
The rest of the star cast and title of the project will be announced soon. Interestingly, it is the first production venture of Aashirvad Cinemas, which will not have Mohanlal in the lead role. It is the 24th project of the banner.
Antony Perumbavoor made his production debut in 2000 under the banner Aashirvad Cinemas, with the Mohanlal starring Shaji Kailas film Narasimham. The second production venture of the banner was Ranjith's Ravanaprabhu.
Aashirvad Cinemas owns the credit of producing the highest ever grosser of Malayalam cinema, Drishyam. The Mohanlal starring suspense thriller directed by Jeethu Joseph has made a lifetime collection of about 75 Crores.