- Before Honey Rose, These South Actresses Spoke About Casting Couch
- CONFIRMED! Amala Paul Roped In For Aadujeevitham!
- Amala Paul Opts Out Of Nivin Pauly's Kayamkulam Kochunni!
- Thiruttu Payale 2 Movie Review: A Decent Thriller With An Important Message!
- Amala Paul’s Supposed Romantic Encounter!
- FINALLY! Nivin Pauly's Kayamkulam Kochunni Starts Rolling
Amala Paul finally filed a divorce petition in Chennai family court, thus confirming her split with estranged husband, AL Vijay. The divorce will be granted after a statutory period of 6 months.
Reportedly, Amala Paul has decided not to accept alimony from AL Vijay and has clearly mentioned that in her petition. The actress was accompanied by her family members, throughout the court procedures.
According to the sources, Amala and Vijay spend almost 45 minutes on the court, along with their respective advocates. The couple has filed for divorce with mutual consent, under the Section 13(b) of Hindu Marriage Act.
Amala Paul and AL Vijay fell in love during the filming of their first project together, Deiva Thirumagal. They tied the knot on 12th June of 2014 in Chennai, with the blessings of both the families.
The divorce started doing rounds since the last week of July, after the actress confirmed that she has relocated to her hometown, Kochi. It was rumoured that the couple decided to part ways due to Amala's career interests.
She has signed a three-year-long contract for the upcoming movie Vada Chennai, which didn't go well with Vijay and family. But the director slammed the reports and stated that it was the trust issues which led to the split.