- Kannada-Malayalam Film Festival To Be Held In Bengaluru And Thiruvananthapuram!
- WOW! Syam Pushkaran To Make Directorial Debut With A Superstar Movie?
- Priyadarshan All Set To Remake Maheshinte Prathikaaram In Tamil!
- Fahadh Faasil-Dileesh Pothan-Syam Puskaran Trio To Reunite?
- 64th National Film Awards: Surabhi, Mohanlal, Maheshinte Prathikaaram Win!
- WOW! Vinayakan & 10 Malayalam Films Shortlisted For 64th National Film Awards
- ANALYSIS! Did Maheshinte Prathikaaram Deserve More At The Kerala State Film Awards 2016?
- Kerala State Film Awards 2016: How The Results Have Come As A Breath Of Fresh Air!
- Dulquer Salmaan Lauds Vinayakan & Manikandan Achari On Winning CPC Awards!
- Vanitha Film Awards 2017: Complete Winners List
- Malayalam Movies 2016: Performances That Tickled Our Bones!
- Fahadh Faasil's 2016: Back On Track!
At present, Malayalam film industry is going through a pleasant phase. New and young talents are coming up with fresh ideas, which have given a new lease of life to the industry.
But, a close look in to the successful films of recent times would give us a hint about the type of movies, which bring in the maximum audience, nowadays.
Yes, it is the feel-good factor that has won the hearts of the Malayalam audiences. Here, we list some of the recent successful Mollywood films, which had a feel-good factor, all over them.
Maheshinte Prathikaaram was a pretty simple film. It didn't have a big storyline but the brilliant presentation and some memorable sequences made the film, a class apart. The film, could easily be classified as a feel-good entertainer.
Jacobinte Swargarajyam is another movie which had lots of feel-good elements associated with it. In fact, such elements worked well with the audiences and struck the right chords. Needless to say, the film emerged a big success at the box-office.
We all loved watching Charlie. Probably, the positive energy of the character was transferred to us. The film had some beautiful moments to offer along with some amazing visuals. Here again, the feel-good factor scored a lot.
Happy Wedding was one of the surprise hits of this year. The film didn't have a big storyline to boast about but again, the nostalgic elements, feel-good factor and the fun moments worked largely in favour of the movie.
Action Hero Biju
Action Hero Biju did introduce a new way of narrating a police story. The film, despite of being the story about police officers had loads of feel-good moments on the store.
Well, nothing much has to be said about this film. We all love to watch this movie over and again. The feel-good factor and the nostalgic elements are the major high points of the film.
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam
Anuraga Karikkin Vellam had a cute little story of love, to tell. The film had that much needed charm and feel-good factors that the audiences search for in films of this genre.
It has to be noted that most of the films in the above list were big successes at the box office. The good run of these films have provided a success mantra for the film-makers.
But, whether such a trend is good for the industry or not is the big question. Following a particular trend might harm the industry, like it did in the past.
Meanwhile, it also has to be noted that certain movies with much serious content and experimentative nature are not getting their dues. For e.g. a film like Kammatipaadam, although was a hit, it did deserve a much bigger success.
The industry needs films of all type of genres, and the audiences should come up to support good movies, irrespective of the genre.