- Mammootty Returns To Telugu Cinema With YSR Biopic!
- It's Sequels Galore For Mammootty & We Are More Than Excited!
- Jayasurya's Njan Marykutti Begins & Ranjith Sankar Has A Thanksgiving Message To Mammootty!
- Mammootty & Midhun Manuel Thomas To Team Up For Kottayam Kunjachan 2!
- A Question Regarding This Mammootty Starrer Appeared In CBSE Examinations!
- Mammootty's The Great Father To Be Remade In Tamil?
- Parole: The Teaser Of The Mammootty Starrer Is Out!
- Mammootty Launches The First Official Trailer Of My Story!
- This Cute Pic Of Mammootty With A Bunch Of School Kids Is A Must See!
- Suraj Venjaramoodu To Pen The Script For A Mammootty Starrer?
- Mammootty Was Approached For The Rajinikanth Starrer Kaala!
- Mammootty Starrer Abrahaminte Santhathikal's Satellite Rights Already Sold!
- Mohanlal In Odiyan: Here's What Sathyan Anthikkad Has To Say After Visiting The Sets!
Malayalam cinema and its audiences have had a profound love for on-screen 'achayan' characters. More than often, audiences have lapped up those films which had such characters in the lead roles.
Today, we are listing some of the most memorable 'achayan' characters portrayed on-screen in Malayalam cinema.
Kunjachan In Kottayam Kunjachan
Let us start the list with Kottayam Kunjachan, who is easily one of the most popular 'achayan' characters in Malayalam cinema, made memorable by the dynamic performance of Mammootty. The film was a big hit and kind of a trendsetter.
Aadu Thoma In Spadikam
Aadu Thoma, was and still is a sensation. This is definitely one of the most celebrated on-screen characters of Mohanlal. The guts and the style of Aadu Thoma is still fresh in the minds of the people.
Tony Kurishingal In Number 20 Madras Mail
Perhaps, this would be the most loved character in this entire list. It is that innate cuteness mixed with a naughty attitude that makes Tony a very lovable character. More importantly, the charming performance of Mohanlal made this character memorable.
Kuttapaayi In Sangham
Mammootty has that skill to make characters memorable with his unique style. Kuttapaayi and Kunjachan were portrayed by the same actor and both the characters were really different. The fun loving, the ever young Kuttappayi of Sangham would definitely find a place in this list.
Chackochi In Lelam
Aanakkattil Chackochi, how can we forget this dashing and daring character which epitomizes manliness. With some stunning performance from Suresh Gopi, the film Lelam and the character Chackochi etched a place in the history of Malayalam cinema.
Kunjoonju In Swapnakoodu
We still remember this flirtatious character of the film Swapnakoodu. This was one of the most notable characters in the initial days of Prithviraj's film career. He made the role definitely enjoyable.
Nirappel Paappi In Pappi Appacha
Dileep made Nirappel Pappi memorable with his own inimitable style adding humour and some unique mannerisms. Pappi Appacha was a big hit and was a comeback of sorts for Dileep.
Well, many of us would have watched most of the above mentioned films multiple times and that is the reason why we still remember the names of those characters. The box-office success of above films underlines that fact further.
Interestingly, Mammootty has got the unique distinction of portraying maximum number of 'achayan' characters on-screen. He featured as an 'achayan' in films like Sangham, Kottayam Kunjachan, Oru Maravathoor Kanavu, Nazrani, Praise The Lord etc. Each of the characters were unique and different.
The actor would be donning the role of an 'achayan' once again in his upcoming film Thoppil Joppan, being directed by Johny Antony. The actor would be seen in the title role of Thoppil Joppan, who is also a Kabadi player.
Another upcoming film which would have the lead character as an 'achayan' is Prithviraj's new film which would be the debut directorial venture of Jinu Abraham. According to reports the actor would be seen in the role of a rich planter in this film.